I'll buy a hybrid when

I'll buy a hybrid when.....

My teeth sit in a glass overnight, my joints are as plastic as Ken's and the world had run out of fossil fuels.

when i can buy a 2nd hand 1 with full service history, 5,000 miles on the clock, new batteries, 12 months mot/tax, a full tank of fuel, 10 years warranty for £500

Start of hybrid rant but where to start ???????

There isnt anything actually wrong with the idea and I will consider one as a work car as soon as one can perform like a petrol engine , be light enough to handle like a decent sports hatch .has a sensible battery life and only cost the same or maybe a little bit more

but most importantly not untill they design a mainsteam hybrid car that has some style

There is no excuse for making a car that looks like a prius which like most hybrids looks ridiculous. The only possible reason for this is so the drivers can be noticed.

My actual issue isnt with the makers but with most hybrid drivers . Apart from a few , hybrid drivers dont actually buy hybrids because they are green but because the want others to think that they are and are therefore superior.

This is of course absurd if they were truly green they would ride a bike and not take holidays abroad .

end of rant

Be careful Teo, the way technology is moving at a furious pace, in a few years time that may well be possible from a hybrid ;b/

I have been surprised by a ruddy hybrid in an NCP which appeared from out of nowhere, just did not hear it coming :)

That's why everyone should have one, there would be no internal combustion engine noise then to mask the quieter hybrid vehicle's approach. The whole world would be quieter - that's surely a positive thing.

I find it odd - people bitch about diesel engines being noisy and then contradict themselves moaning about hybrids being too quiet! ! ! ! !

YES! All electric!!! Then you can hear the tires squealing both ways, upon accelerating and braking just before the ride hits you!! :rofl:|B