Do you indulge your need for speed

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
How do you indulge your need for speed?

Do you go to track days, view races either live or on TV, play a computer game/driving simulation, take your car to the drag strip or do you have another (legal) outlet to satisfy your need.

I do have to indulge my need for speed and it is strictly for the track only. My car, due to the power and exhaust note announces it's presence long before I arrive anyway, so putting my foot down on the public highway is an absolute no-no.

I have been known to use the motorway entry slip road as an acceleration testing zone.
For proper use I keep it for the track where it is much safer. Already enough idiots on the road without adding to them.

I don't really have a need for Speed
I prefer handling and you don't need to break any laws to have fun on the A roads

Combination of various tracks , airfields and the occassional visit to the pod.

As T9 said using the full performance on the road is a no no besides it isnt practically possible

I don't really have a need for Speed
I prefer handling and you don't need to break any laws to have fun on the A roads

Pretty much the same.
Do have the odd blast on a sunday morning going to work at 05.30 am but not into triple figures.

Combination of various tracks , airfields and the occassional visit to the pod.

As T9 said using the full performance on the road is a no no besides it isnt practically possible

Same type of thing for me.
There is a time and place for high speed and it is not on public roads.

i am prone to put my foot down on public roads but only when they are clear i wouldnt put me or another driver in danger just to go fast

Whilst i agree that you can have fun around bends on the right A roads if you have a car with really good handling you still need a track if you want to drive it anywhere near the cars limit .
And with two way traffic driving fast on windy roads is possibly more dangerous than a real blast down a sllip road where you know your car is the only one around.