Which is faster

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
What route is fastest to get around the M25 from the Dartford crossing to the Dartford crossing? We also assume the fastest speed you can go is 70mph.

You have to choose a direction and a lane and give reasons why you think your way would be quickest.

Is there much of a saving in distance going anticlockwise and on the inside lane.

I have no idea. It must vary from day to day according to traffic conditions, surely? We could maybe try this one day. Two parties meet either side of the Dartford crossing on opposite sides (obviously using mobile phone to hook up). Then off we go at the same time and see what happens. Clearly no more than 70 and also obeying all the variale limits at the time.

No, it's not exhaustive but it's a comparison made at the same point in time so would have some validity.

Any takers? I'll play :-D

Could be fun!!! :D

Nahh - I doubt it'll be fun as such. 122 miles of the UK's largest two way roundabout.

Then again. . . . . . it'd be good to meet a few other Torque Cars' members. Could always find a decent pub for a meal together afterwards and have a good chat.

You up for assisting in arranging this 'stunt'?

Very BOFP, but the length clockwise is approx 330yds longer than anticlockwise (assuming two inside lanes are around 100yds apart).