Astra 2002 1.6 CDE ecu mapping

diablo4386

Car
Vauxhall astra 2002
Hey everyone! i have this astra and its really sluggy its got 20 000 km on the clock and its had a major service i would please like some advice i want to remap the factory ecu to make it go a bit more,its very sluggish compared to other 1.6 it has the ecotec engine ,do i need an OBD cable? or how? and software wise? please advice would be apritiated!!!

Greetings and Welcome to our TorqueCars Forum my Friend! :)

I am unable to help you with your question directly, but you are definitely in the right place for the knowledge that you seek! Somebody will be along in a little while who will be able to assist you with some answers or suggestions to your query!

Good luck! :)

A remap won't see many gains. It'll make the engine feel better and may increase your power a bit but only a few horses. There isn't a lot you can do to these engines unfortunately. I have the same engine in my astra which I am turning into a track day car. Don't rule it out though. It is still a good way to make the car a littlefaster. Look at swapping the air filter for a direct replacement hi flow filter and look at a cat back exhaust system. These will help get air in and out much faster which will make it rev faster. If you're carrying out other modifications do the reap last to bring everything together and make it run its best.

Welcome to the forum buddy

A remap won't see many gains. It'll make the engine feel better and may increase your power a bit but only a few horses. There isn't a lot you can do to these engines unfortunately. I have the same engine in my astra which I am turning into a track day car. Don't rule it out though. It is still a good way to make the car a littlefaster. Look at swapping the air filter for a direct replacement hi flow filter and look at a cat back exhaust system. These will help get air in and out much faster which will make it rev faster. If you're carrying out other modifications do the reap last to bring everything together and make it run its best.

Welcome to the forum buddy

hehe thanx so much, i have 3 15" subs in my astra kicking 155 db so i know way too much about sound id be glad to help anyone with sound hehe thats my fortE but when it comes to engines i know not too much, so kay ecu mapin wil give lttle horses if im right this astra has 73kw stock and many ppl hav
e sayd an astras dream is to breathe so yea cold induction kit branches port polishing will do the trick but i would like to start at the ecu as its most complex , anyone know where the pc plugs into the car? where the diagnostic socket is? then ill track down a cable that fits

You can't just plug in a computer. There is a lot more to it. If you have as much ICE as you are claiming then there is no wonder that your car is slower than others.

Before looking into the ECU you have to sort out the breathing. This starts with a dedicated air intake, not just a kit off the shelf.

Inlet ports are never polished. And exhaust ports are never port matched.

ahhh makes sense well one of my subs weigh 18kg's x3 is 54kg's then my 2 amps sub exclosures and caps id say i added bout 70kgs to the cars weight and by any means that an extra member in a normal car and considering its a tiny engine yeah its gona cost me makes total sense now never looked at my sound actually being so heavy, by dedicated air intake what do you mean? id like to look into it thanx

The diagnostic port is under a panel beneath the handbreak. Get a screwdriver to lift up the front (near the gearlever) then slide it forward to get it out. I would strongly recommend getting this done professionally and after any other modifications.

The diagnostic port is under a panel beneath the handbreak. Get a screwdriver to lift up the front (near the gearlever) then slide it forward to get it out. I would strongly recommend getting this done professionally and after any other modifications.

thanx so much ur rigt last thing i wana do is fry the ecu ill do that thanx all allot hey!!

ahhh makes sense well one of my subs weigh 18kg's x3 is 54kg's then my 2 amps sub exclosures and caps id say i added bout 70kgs to the cars weight and by any means that an extra member in a normal car and considering its a tiny engine yeah its gona cost me makes total sense now never looked at my sound actually being so heavy, by dedicated air intake what do you mean? id like to look into it thanx

Either post or mail me a picture of the engine bay, just to make sure that we talk about the same car. I will come back to you with a solution that works.

I agree with the other replies.
These motors dont breathe very well, so it would be wise to first start there.
How much power are you looking at getting? How deep are your pockets?:lol:

I agree with the other replies.
These motors dont breathe very well, so it would be wise to first start there.
How much power are you looking at getting? How deep are your pockets?:lol:

well i still have the peugeot 307 2.0 hdi it has a turbo and i think it has around 100kw all i want is to be a little faster then that coz the peugeot is for economy i use that long trips but in the vaux i want a little fun car with plenty power, without adding a turbo as my town is full of those its really boring by now lol

Well start with an end power goal in mind. Decide how much power you want (already mentioned you want more than 100kw) and whether it is realistic for the 1600 engine without forced induction.

There is a guy I know that has an x16xe with suzuki GSXR throttle bodies that is making 140kw and it is his daily drive. He did however spend a fair amount of money on the engine.

wow thats very impressive! heheh so i had another look at my car tonight ve noticed its quite heavy on fuel and the yellow engine liht is on, i checked the oil levels brakeflud and that could my air flow sensor be skrewed? if i plug it out and in it kakes no diff it doesin react to it, if i unplug my peugeot sensor the revs dip by bout300 then stabalze but its heavy on diesel then,any way to test my aor flow sensor? and could it make me heavy on juice??

A faulty airflow sensor can definintely affect your fuel economy. You can test it with a multimeter if you have one. Connect the multimeter to the sensor and check the reading at idle, increase the revs and you should see the multimeter reading increase proportionally to the increase in revs when you do this. If it doesnt increase much or not at all than it is faulty.

Alternatively you can have a diagnostics test done. Since the EML is on it will spit out some error codes that will point you in the right direction.

ahh thanx gona check it out now,do i leave the sensor plugged into the air boc or do disconnect that plug and just connect the mutli metre to the sensor itself without it plugged in? thanx in advance!!!

thundercat helpppp hehee i checked the sensor its fine my friend tells me its the tappit timing thats out and that explains the noise its makijn too i touht it was normal but parently its not whats the tappit clearences or timing? so i can check it thanx man in advance