2.0 8v

thanks man , good to be on this site, need some advise about turbo charging a 2007 polo classic 2.0 8v and please let me know how do i put the pics of my car on this site?:D

oh by the way ,, just checked out ur car the T9 , absoulte beauty , i thought i loved my car, but yoh you are on another level , ur car looks good , i the detailing

thanks man , good to be on this site, need some advise about turbo charging a 2007 polo classic 2.0 8v and please let me know how do i put the pics of my car on this site?:D

Turbocharging a normally aspirated car demands huge money to be spent, I am away from my usual computer where I have a TorqueCars link explaining the reason why, someone may spot this and post one up for you before I have the chance to get back home. As it states on our T&C's you will need to have made 10 posts before you are allowed to post up any photos or URL links. I shall seek out the photo posting information for you as well.

I would really appreciated any info you can provide me with, its always go to learn , saw the pic with you and JC , I met him when he came to SA he likes the beer here and calls it wine
PS. Looks like i have to wait a while before i can put my pics up.

tcsmileysign.gif

dam it my internet at work does not allow me to view the pic u posted , when i get home i will check it out

sorry guys trying to make conversation so i reach my 10 posts and then i can start put pics of my car up

guys i have made 10 posts but still i can not upload my pics ,,any ides why?

Loz, if you are still online would you be so kind as to furnish this chap with the links to posting up pictures and why turbocharging a N/A engine is very difficult please! I am not at my PC with the saved links. Thanks :)

Hi there, I hope you are well. May I wish you a warm welcome to TorqueCars, it is a pleasure to meet you.

You'll find us a pretty friendly bunch and I'm sure you'll start to love and enjoy the forums as much as we all do. (It gets quite addictive at times.)

Feel free to get involved in our other threads, all opinions are welcome and as they say "the more the merrier"! (It's also great when people start new threads and discussions and all adds to the great debate.)

Keep us up to date with your project as well, we like to see what people are getting up to with their cars.

guys i have made 10 posts but still i can not upload my pics ,,any ides why?

You should be ok now, your username is bold and your account is upgraded.

Have a read up on Turbos and adding them here
http://www.torquecars.com/forums/f101/adding-turbo-nasp-engine-15003/

Cheap turbos can be purchased from breakers yards which are ideal for a try it and see type project.:bigsmile:

Please note that I don't think it is worth adding a turbo to an old car with a small capacity engine. There is nothing stopping you but the money and hassle will just not be worth the power gain you get. It is better to just buy a better car for your tuning project.:confused:

Adding a turbo is a major engineering task and without a kit with full instructions and all the parts you need there is a big risk of blowing up the engine. Expect to spend 50 hours upwards on a project of this type. This is not the sort of modification you should undertake unless you are mechanically competent and know what you are doing.

It is worth looking at superchargers as these are generally much easier to install than a turbo is.

yoh ,,, just got to work now,,,,pressed the off button instead of the snooze......

anyway thanks guys , thanks alot for that welcome, i will read up and it looks like i'm not going to turbo the car, I think and nice exhaust , air filter and chip would do fine.
Bluesport great to see another SA fan
thanks Waynne for the link

Loz, if you are still online would you be so kind as to furnish this chap with the links to posting up pictures and why turbocharging a N/A engine is very difficult please! I am not at my PC with the saved links. Thanks :)

Sorry mate I'd shut the laptop down & gone to work. :bigsmile:

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back