Best First Car.

Car
None
Hello everyone, I am new on here and first off I wanted to say, "Hey!" I'm 15 and what I wanted to know is what are good first cars in general for tuning. I have several cars in my head as I am writing this thread. 1996 BMW 325i, 1997 BMW 323i, 1997 Honda Civic Hatchback. So what I want to know from you all is what in your opinion is the best first car for tuning. Preferably, a rear wheel drive car, but if it is a hatch I don't care.

Last edited:
on a first car the insurance will cost a couple of grand on an old car with a very small engine. thinking 1.0L corsa. on a 2.5 bmw expect that to double or triple. even if money is no problem, id get something with a smaller engine and fwd. mine was a 1999 1.6 astra just over two years ago and that was good for a few mods. mainly styling and ICE. get a car that you can bump around a bit and not have to worry about it. (not into people or other cars) you're asking for trouble with a powerful rwd car as your first. that's my advice, and I'm sure many others on here will say the same. sorry if its not what you wanted to hear. start small, get a few years ncb then upgrade.

Probably doesn't matter what you get for a first car as most youngsters I have known from over there tend to wreck them within the first few weeks! What you get will depend on the local scene and tuning shops around, Honda is a safe first bet.

Welcome by the way! :bigsmile:

Beware PP, you choose two of the baddest characters to mess with here on TC: Stamford - CSI who? can't find no evidence on me! and BBJ - don't care how big they are, their going down man! :(

Just let us know who your next of kin is PP and we will handle the rest ;)

No they aren't. But I saw a few on here and they look nice!

blindrun.jpg

So I take it the majority rule is Puntos are not the best looking car? Lol.

Sorry,your post went into the moderation queue because you quoted a member with a picture attached - new members with less than 10 posts are not allowed to post up any photos or URL's. I can see what happened here so I have approved it for you. I have also deleted your 2nd attempt post.

T9 man
Moderator.

Last edited by a moderator:
Beware PP, you choose two of the baddest characters to mess with here on TC: Stamford - CSI who? can't find no evidence on me! and BBJ - don't care how big they are, their going down man! :(

Just let us know who your next of kin is PP and we will handle the rest ;)

LMAO! :lol:

I'm back in the country soon. One eye open springs to mind! lol