Just fitted remote central locking

slickshoes

Tuner
... to my 106.

It was this kit:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=230082712678

...And it was so difficult to fit! The instructions were just a wiring diagram (not a good one at that), and it said nothing about anything!

So, after 2 whole days of crafting, breaking, fitting, making, creating tools, screwing, threading, wiring and everything else, I (with the help of my old man) finally fitted it!

And I must say, me and my dad did it extremely well. We used the kit (which was a 4 door kit) in ways it was never supposed to be used (cutting wires apart to lengthen others etc), and it's perfect; not a wire in sight.

I might post some pictures on Tuesday if anyone's interested.

For £15, i'd recommend this kit to anyone who doesn't have central locking (if they have a spare couple of days).

And the key fobs include a place to put your key to make it a flip-out key =]

Anyway, recommended!

Lee

Yeh, just when i thought i was getting bored of my normal door locking devices, my key snapped off in my door! It was a sign!

But all the work on my car got me ready for more! So I did loads more stuff to it, and hoovered it all =]

Damn i love cleaning cars

Well done slickshoes! It's nice & satisfying to get a job done and working properly.

My wife has decided that she doesn't like cleaning cars its not good for her skin! :shock:

hey slickshoes, im thinking about fitting the same or very similar cenrtal locking kit to my 106. do you think you could write up a guide or something, since it took u 2 days it sounds fooking difficult lol im not spending the 110 quote i was given for a kit from a shop so i wana ebay the job :)

btw wat 106 you got? any pics?

ive got a 1500 mardi gras =]

and i really would 3 write up an explanation but i think the whole doors on my car are different to the standard 106

like, the door is actually part of the trim and stuff.

i'll have a look and get back to you!

=]

ah rite i see, well im sure i wud find a way of fitting the solenoid i was just more concerned about the wiring, but like you said youll get back.

nice one :)

oh yeah, wat other mods have u done to ur 106? any i should have a look at?