Are air tools worth getting

misenthrop

Torque Junkie
Car
Rover Vitesse
Does anyone on here use air powered tools, are they worth getting and how much would it cost to get a basic but useful air tool setup?

Would I be right in thinking that an compressor can also be used for paint spraying as well as powering sanders and screwdriver/socket guns.

You are right. They are great, the tools are lighter, smaller, cheaper to buy than their electric equivelent, I'd love one if I had the facilities!

As MA said they are great.....if you have the right setup, which can be costly, a decent compressor can cost serious cash and then it's installing it with air lines blah blah blah
but they are great tools, look out for carbon and glass fibre though, cutting the stuff with an air tool will clog it up with dust but it'll just need cleaning out which is fairly easy

As MA said they are great.....if you have the right setup, which can be costly, a decent compressor can cost serious cash and then it's installing it with air lines blah blah blah
but they are great tools, look out for carbon and glass fibre though, cutting the stuff with an air tool will clog it up with dust but it'll just need cleaning out which is fairly easy

I've never had a prob with cutting fibreglass or anything else for that matter with the compressor.
Very very useful bit of kit.
Ideally you want to look for one that doen't require oil. Less maintenance.
You should be able to get one for around £400-500 and as for the air lines it's just a case of plug and play really.;)
The accessories in my mind are far dearer in price than the compressor itself.

I used to be a Fibreglass mold maker/laminator/trimmer/finisher did the lot, and the only trouble we had was the dust getting in through the intake of the tools themselves clogging up the workings, but we had oiled tools and as you rightly said TN oil-less tools don't get that, but it was an easy strip down and clean up and then re-oil as needed

brilliant bits of kit though and there are 1001 uses for them

Oh I must hear the explanation behind this one! :lol:

Well you'd have some kind of air powered rivet or nail gun I'd hope. Cos you need to decapitate zombies really, otherwise you just get them annoyed.

See you watch things like The Waking Dead and just imagine how much better you'd do things. I'd find a remote island, or somewhere high on a hill, surrounded by cliffs with only one approach road, clear it of zombies and then I'd be all set.

I'd be concerned about the short-reach tbh, you are vulnerable whilst you swing.

There is that but I have got very long arms. I'd go for the lower body to be honest, an uppercut into the lower pelvis of your assailant will attract his attention pretty rapidly.

Yes, this thread has gone off course a little. Ooops

Last edited:
There is that but I have got very long arms. I'd go for the lower body to be honest, an uppercut into the lower pelvis of your assaliant will attract his attention pretty rapidly.

Yes, this thread has gone off course a little. Ooops

But it's zombies we're talking about remembered. They're not usually too bothered by a bit of a knock. Full brain mashing or amputation is what's needed here!

All can be addressed with AIR TOOLS :lol: On topic ;)

air tools are usufull bu not nesesary and i think it is too expencive and have no need for home use... u just dont need them they are used in garages and mechanic shops... i have a whole bunch of air tools and a big compresor but thats beacouse we have mechanic shop and use them countless times every day... other than that it wouldnt be needed :))