what to do????

herb

modherbrator
Car
Seat Leon Cupra
ok ive just had a call from the wife and someone has scraped her car. but have left a phone number
shes asking me what she has to do, does she have to report it to the police?? or is it just a case of getting the insurance details of the person and passing them on to her own insurance?
cause she says she will be having the work done by toyota cause her car is only just over a month old

sorry for the stupid question but me or the wife have never had to make a claim before and this is new to us

It doesn't have to be reported to the police unless there's injured parties, just give the person a ring and have a chat, they may even want to do a cash deal...very lucky you got a number, but some people leave any old number because they were seen doing it....if this number is false then report it but as there's no injuries etc they will just give you a case number for insurance purposes.

Yep as said Herb you just need each others insurance details. If you did phone the police though they may take action on the other driver for leaving the scene.

doesnt matter that they left the scene if there are no injured parties and they left some sort of contact details.
contact them 1st and if its a false number, hopefully not, then contact the police so you can get a reference number for the insurance company

IIRC if damage has been done then they must stay at the scene a reasonable amount of time and if the other owner is not there/does not turn up then they are required to visit the police station to fill out an accident report. And also the person they hit should do the same.

well luckily the phone number was real and she has exchanged details. the woman siad she would rather pay cash than go through the insurance. so we will be going to toyota tomorrow to get a price.
the damage isnt massive just 4 or 5 deep scratches i'll take a pic when she gets back

pics of the damage

and i missed this at first but the clip is broken

we went to 2 toyota garages and got quotes for new bumper and spraying 1 was £570 and the other was £460. the wife told the 3rd party and they are still willing to pay cash:amazed: so this will get sorted when the wife gets cahnce to book it in:bigsmile:

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back