Can 1000bhp for £1000 be done?

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
What are your thoughts? Could you increase a cars power to 1000bhp on a budget of £1000 and what base car and upgrade options would you go for?

I'm thinking Toyota Supra - Big turbo and injectors (it would probably break quite quickly but I would have thought you'd get close to the 1000bhp target.)

I'm sure you guys can think of other options and ways to get this.

I can imagine the headline already!

magcover.jpg

I think 1000bhp for £5000 might be a more realistic target including the cost of buying the engine . (and it has to run for a while without breaking)

I wont answer the question (cant improve on OGs answer)

Can you imagine if it was possible and we came up with a plan ?-/ This website would be the biggest thing in the car forum world, and we singlehandedly, might be held responsible for the massive increase in young drivers deaths on the road ;)

Can you imagine if it was possible and we came up with a plan ?-/ This website would be the biggest thing in the car forum world, and we singlehandedly, might be held responsible for the massive increase in young drivers deaths on the road ;)
Cool and er not cool!

You need a large base engine. Then some kind of bolt on major upgrade but the budget is really tight.

Perhaps an American V8 mustang to start with then you add uprated injectors a supercharger and nitrous kit?

Cool and er not cool!

You need a large base engine. Then some kind of bolt on major upgrade but the budget is really tight.

Perhaps an American V8 mustang to start with then you add uprated injectors a supercharger and nitrous kit?

Well, that's blown the budget.

My 520bhp cost me £11,500 (including engine) around 8 years ago, there is absolutely no way you can get 1000bhp for £1000. Add another zero and you are starting to get there. If it could be done for a grand everyone would already be doing it!

I think I could do it for less than £2000, but not £1000, I'm at around 850-900 bhp at the moment, and a set of rods would allow me to up the boost on the rear engine to over 500bhp, the front engine is at 435 bhp with the boost turned down.

Are, but you are failing to take into account the money spent getting your engines to their present power levels. I think Waynne is asking if a standard engine could be upped to 1000bhp for a grand.

If we are not looking for longevity then a 1000bhp nitrous kit would be within budget.

Right, I have it here somewhere.....ah, here it is, my piece of string that I don't know the length of :)

The length of time that a 2kg charge will last depends on the size and number of the jets and the time they are on for plus the bottle pressure and temperature.

Which is why I decided to go for an 11Kg bottle, if you got to have it, have it large said the actress to the bishop ;)

Right, I have it here somewhere.....ah, here it is, my piece of string that I don't know the length of :)

The length of time that a 2kg charge will last depends on the size and number of the jets and the time they are on for plus the bottle pressure and temperature.

Yes I know there are many variables. I am not that daft. Some examples will suffice.

It has been upgraded to a 300 BHP kit from a 150 BHP kit, but I currently have a 50 BHP jet which equates to 100 BHP on tap. This power should only ever be used for evil on the track and not pure evil on the roads :)

Should is a very useful word in the English language. It covers a multitude of meanings ;)

eg. Lennon McCartney song - Your Mother Should Know

This could be either:

a: this must be brought to your mother's attention, or;
b: your mother will probably have the answer to this.

See what I mean?

Life is too short to be anything other than chuckle merchants with a zest for life young Rad |B

Well if we can't have a laugh at and with each other from time to time we would be much poorer for it IMHO :)|B

Thanks HDI and I know we don't always see eye to eye on everything (use of indicators ;) :)) but you have far more technical knowledge than me as any info that I post has been learned the hard way,hands on or via the hip pocket nerve.

You 2 are always good for a chuckle or 2 :)
Great to know your brake lights work |B as I encounter so many vehicles on the roads with one or both inoperative along with 1 headlight blown as well as muppets driving with no HL's on or sidelights only when the sun goes down:eek:

As I said earlier It wont be easy with a £5K budget
and it you were for example to go for two engines than that £5k has to include all the costs above a standard motor in the car .
So cost of 2nd motor plus cost of all work and parts fitting it and that includes everything aftermarket -intercoolers ,induction, injectors, exhaust(s), ecu(s) etc etc

Same if you go for any engine then you need to include all uprated parts because thats the question
And IMHO the engine has to be reasonably reliable