Bora 1.9TDi help

Afroman

Car
2001 VW Bora 1.9TDi
Hi guys, I'm running around in a 2001 Bora diesel. I need to get the suspension looked at/setup as I've coil-overs fitted (before I brought the car) and the nose looks like stock height but the arse is sitting nice and low. I don't know if it is because of the suspension I'm getting wheel vibration at 70-80mph or wheel inbalance. What d'ya reckon?

Secondly, what do you guys reckon to these re-map chips on (dare I say it??) eBay that you can get for £20ish? any good?

Any words of wisdom?

Howdo.

Do not get a chip. Get a remap. There's no such thing as a free lunch.

I'd be checking wether your springs have collapsed at the rear. I had to change mine as the top half of them had completely failed.

cheers Yugguy, I've been sceptical of them for a while but one of my mates fitted one to his 2.0d Jag and he swears by it. It's a switchable one, but it has now (he's not overly sure if it was there before) developed bit of a hunt at 2000rpm when he floors it. Don't know if the two are tied??

I will eventually get around to sorting the suspension but with being in the army and on course till August and driving home every weekend to see my partner and daughter it's difficult to find time.

Does anyone know any good garages/tuners in or near the Southampton area that I could use? As much as I hate having to get someone else to do things for me there are just some things I haven't got the time or resources to do.

Is any body in the Southampton area?

I heard the borders were blocked and they wasn't allowing anybody in or out :lol:

I'm sure someone on here is from your neck of the woods, I actually use a company based in Totton in Southampton who make all of my carbon fibre trims and panels :)

Do you feel the vibration through the wheel?

Hi guys, I'm running around in a 2001 Bora diesel. I need to get the suspension looked at/setup as I've coil-overs fitted (before I brought the car) and the nose looks like stock height but the arse is sitting nice and low. I don't know if it is because of the suspension I'm getting wheel vibration at 70-80mph or wheel inbalance. What d'ya reckon?

Secondly, what do you guys reckon to these re-map chips on (dare I say it??) eBay that you can get for £20ish? any good?

Any words of wisdom?

Sorry bud I'm in Rugby so don't really know of anyone down south.

Seriously tho, you should be able to get a remap for thr VAG PD for 200 to 300 quid. Took mine from 130bhp/228lbft to 170/290. I kept it under 300lb ft for the clutch plus I didnt go for the 190bhp map to make sure the turbo was ok. MPG is also better on the cruise than before. I've had it for 40k miles now without any engine issues.

Just an update for ya. Had the wheels looked at and balanced, there was massive inbalance on the fronts due to them being cheapies. Got all four swapped around, the fronts for the rears, so now have some proper rubber up front. The car feels and drives worlds apart to before.

Lesson: Never get cheap ass tyres ;)