Debadging Mk1 Megane

AaronB90

Car
Megane Mk1 1.9dci
I went to debadge my car using the same method I used with my old Peugeots, which is using boiling water to loosen the glue and then peel it off. Only to find there is no glue, instead what the bright sparks at Renault decided to do is drill holes in the back of the car. How am i supposed to debadge this PoS?

Last edited by a moderator:
Im talking about the badges on the back, even if i get them off, the stems are stuck inside the holes and it looks hideous, they are impossible to get out too, so i glued the badge back to the stems and just gave up. I dont know why its designed in such a ridiculous way. French cars are trash.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds like a filler and respray job to me. Any good painter should be able to do it for £200 or so quid. They will end up painting the whole boot lid to make sure there is no fade lines. Will look good, and you shouldn't notice the holes. :D

P.S. They guys in charge don't like bad language (take it from me, I know) as its a family site, so you may want to tone it down a bit ;)

Not a mistake, they just want to make sure their badges stay on for the sake of advertising without even caring about the negative effects it has on the owner of the car should the badge get pried off or damaged. It seems like one would have to pay out the neck just to get a new badge professionally refitted JUST so that their car doesnt look hideous.

Sounds like a filler and respray job to me. Any good painter should be able to do it for £200 or so quid

£200? Thats ridiculous amounts to pay out just to fix the damage from removing a PLASTIC BADGE, just a little worthless plastic badge.

I am on jobseekers allowance and not exactly getting along great in life right at this moment. I cant pay out £200 thats COMPLETELY AND UTTERLY INSANE. WIth my old terrible peugeot i just heated the glue, peeled the badge and wiped the remaining glue and it cost NOTHING.

This megane has such a riduculous and complex fitting considering its just a bit of plastic. I had to superglue the badges back onto the stems because they just looked horrid.

So what, if my badge gets damaged or stolen I should have to pay £200 on repairs? Its a stupid design in every single respect.

Life's a pain. I have to buy a switch for £250 from Mitsubishi for my AYC pump. I cant buy one from anyone ells as you can't buy second hand ones, and you can't buy them from anywhere ells because they are made by Mitsubishi!! Its a simple relay switch that would cost about £5 to make.

That's part of car ownership I'm afraid.

At least a relay switch does SOMETHING.

What the hell does a plastic badge do? It advertises and thats all Renault give a crap about, it seems insignificant but it really says something about them.

My megane also happens to handle like garbage now, and fixing it didnt... fix it.

Im avoiding french cars like the plague from now on and buying jap.

Im avoiding french cars like the plague from now on and buying jap.

This is your prerogative off course! there are both good and bad things about French cars and other manufacturers as well come to think of it!
I hope you find some permanent work real soon BTW thus making you able to do justice to the car of your choice ;)

It is a bit severe slating all french cars just cos you cant debadge it easily.
Possibly renault designed the badge so it cant be stolen by little oiks thus saving owners lots of cash. After all more people want to keep the badge than want to lose it .

Chill out theres far more important things in life than removing a badge.

Of course you could just drill out the pins from inside ( use 1 or 2 sizes smaller drill ) and then replace with a badge/sticker of your own

maybe something like............................. I hate my car cos its french.

Tako the badges of, put some sticker on the back, if you have Alpine stereo or something in your car that not's standard, put a small sticker over the holes. There are only three tiny holes per badge.

No its alot of money either way because replacing the badge requires some interior panels in the boot be removed, theres no way this could possibly save anyone money, if someone does try to steal it and break it u gotta pay out alot to fill the holes or get a new badge, they steal a sticky one u just wipe of the remaining glue and it doesnt need any work in order to not look horrible. And thats not the only reason I dont lie french cars, i have always had french cars my peugeot 106 had electrical problems like alot of them, all 3 of my 306s required new parts a too frequently ,and my Renault i have now handles like crap, the track end rods were screwed, i got new ones installed it still handles like garbage its just rubbish, French cars are ridiculously delicate. Only thing i never had a problem with is the engines themselves, despite running on red diesel. Thats all thats positive in my experience with French cars

No its alot of money either way because replacing the badge requires some interior panels in the boot be removed, theres no way this could possibly save anyone money, if someone does try to steal it and break it u gotta pay out alot to fill the holes or get a new badge, they steal a sticky one u just wipe of the remaining glue and it doesnt need any work in order to not look horrible. And thats not the only reason I dont lie french cars, i have always had french cars my peugeot 106 had electrical problems like alot of them, all 3 of my 306s required new parts a too frequently ,and my Renault i have now handles like crap, the track end rods were screwed, i got new ones installed it still handles like garbage its just rubbish, French cars are ridiculously delicate. Only thing i never had a problem with is the engines themselves, despite running on red diesel. Thats all thats positive in my experience with French cars

:bigsmile:You know what, I don't like French cars either, so I have never owned one. Or 5!! lol Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice shame on me fool me 5 times.............