Info on Charade 1.3 mods

Pugs

Car
95 charade toscana
Hi. I have a 1.3 G200 charade, and was wondering does anyone now any reasonably cheap mods to ring a little more top end go out of them? I'v been searching the net to try and find aftermarket parts here in Australia, but there seams to be very little available. Not looking to build a world beater, but a little more go over 100km/h would be nice. I've always had 6 cyl falcons, apart from a SSS pulsar a few years back, and my last car was a xr8 ute. I drive fair distances for work, and bought the charade to save a little on fuel. Seems to go well to 100km/h, but very lazy after that! Has anyone done any basic mods with noticeable improvement? Does the applause 1.6 fit, and is it a viable option?
A mate of mine had a g100 1.3 and it seemed to go alot better than what mine does. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated
Cheers
Pugs

hey and welcome

sounds like theres a problem somewhere. id expect more than 100kmh, thats only 60mph to us and not even the limit on a motorway, even a basic 1.1 should be able to get around 160kmh

you should maybe look for an underlying issue before you start modding it

It will do more than100km/h, up to about 140, but has no chance of overtaking due to extremely poor acceleration, and struggles to maintain 100km/h on the slightest of hills.
Im currently going through replacing basics (plugs, leads, fuel filter) and adjusting ignition timing ect. Is there any benefits of knocking the timing up a few degrees, and running premium fuel?

Picked up a ihi vf13 turbo for the rade. See how it goes once I get it fitted up! Probably only run 5 to 6 psi. Just run rising rate fuel reg and over size injectors. Small front mount intercooler. Anyone played with budget turbo setups? Anyone know if applause injectors are much bigger? Do they fit the charade? Does anyone know what the vf13 will flow?

I would suggest keeping the standard injectors and just use the rising rate regulator, the VF13 is a small turbo and I would expect it's maximum flow will be about 200 hp worth of air, I guess you won't want that much.

Sorry J but what is a "rising rate regulator" exactly? :embarrest:

'rising rate reg' is a fuel pressure regulator which will increase fuel pressure by a given rate, for every psi of boost pressure. The static pressure is normally adjustable, and they are available in various rise rates, ie: 2 to 1, 3 to 1 ect.
Jarrus
JarruS, have you played

Jarrus, have you played with boosting n/a cars in the past? Any ideas how successful it is? ( reliability and performance wise ) Don't want a world beater, I'd be happy to pick up 30-35 hp??

'rising rate reg' is a fuel pressure regulator which will increase fuel pressure by a given rate, for every psi of boost pressure. The static pressure is normally adjustable, and they are available in various rise rates, ie: 2 to 1, 3 to 1 ect.
Jarrus
JarruS, have you played

Thanks for the info Pugs. ;)