Projects & WIPs

This is for all projects and work in progress threads. Keep us informed of your latest plans and problems.
trying to lose as much as poss plus around 220+ bhp,am i no hurry and keep changing my mind so hear goes. door locks have gone and door /boot rubber seals + side windows that was just over 15kg's hope to get the rear window out today should be good for 10kg's. looks like a 2.0 mondao engine is going in place of the 14. and she will be 4wheel drive, rad will be in the back . were the rear side windows was may make some air ducks/scoops to flow air to the rad and then out the rear window. doors welded up.spare tyer well will be cut out and a sheet of ally in place. may only have the 1 drivers seat to keep weight down.power steering rack can come out today that should save a bit more
Introduction As this is going to be quite a big ongoing project, I thought I may as well get a project thread up for those interested. The car was taken off the road about 10 months ago as I have two cars so only used it as a weekend car anyway. I have plenty of experience from a young age from working on several mates cars and projects and that of my old man. This, however, is my first big project completely on my own. How the car stands The car was nearly standard when I got it. It now stands completely stripped weighing 910 kgs and running about 180bhp at 18psi. A GT of the same spec as mine with full interior can run a 14.5 flat quarter mile on crap tyres. So est. low 14's for mine. Bodywork needs attention but is standard...
Hey guys. Long time no see! I've had the busiest year of my life - but also the best. I've got myself a new job, a new girl and yesterday, I got this: *EDIT: fixed the image* 2000, 140bhp, 125lb-ft, 127mph. A slight step up from the 1.4 8v Fabia, I feel :-D You may be seeing a little more of me around these parts! Hope you've all been well!
Ok, this is gonna be a diary of mods with step by steps of how i done them ect a few other forums do them and they are always good reads i havent done anything as of yet but i have a few pics. Ok, so what i have planned is a nice set of 17" black rims tinted windows light sound system upgraded brakes as the brakes are crap maybe an induction kit and a nice sounding exhaust. all very light mods im purly going for style as it is a 1.1 so i have no false hopes of power haha just want to make it nice inside. I may also strech to steal a GTi spoiler and leather bucket seats if they fit.
RECENTLY BOUGHT THIS NOVA AS A STANDARD BORING OLD 1.2 , I HAVE ALREADY STARTED WORK ON IT THOU.... I HAVE LOWERED IT BY 100MM, NICE SET OF BLACK 14 INCH RIMS, NEW UPRATED FRONT BRAKES, , NEW ANTI ROLL BAR FRM A GSI, FULL BODY RESRAY, FRONT GRILL, FRONT BUMPER FRM A NOVA SR, BACK BUMPER FRM AN SRI LOL( I LIKE TO BE DIFFRENT) IN THE NEXT FEW WEEKS I AM PUTTIN A 1.6 GSI ENGINE IN IT AND STRIPPING IT OUT AND FITTING A BUCKET SEAT... TELL ME WHAT U THINK NOVAS AINT EVERYS CUP OF TEA BUT IVE ALWAYS LIKED THEM ALREDI PUT QUITE ALOT OF WORK INTO THIS BUT PLENTLY MORE TO COME.... I WILL POST MORE PICS UP WEN THE NEW GSI LUMP IS IN! :mrgreen::cool::mrgreen::cool:
a few people are asking to see the progress on the OAP stylee trampdrifter so figured id oblige! its a 92 Vaux carlton 2.0 (122BHP) GL model at the moment, if it proves reliable enough and doesnt get destroyed first time i take it on the track ill be looking for a 3.0 24V lump to throw in... not really all that much to report as yet as have been far too busy with the other half, but here's what we've got so far..... this is it when i got it (swap for an old dvd headunit!) 105k on the clocks, running sweet as a nut, had leaky diff to be looked at at some pint, nothing major so i thought.... only bits of rust i could find were: both rear arches rusted away underneath door shuts, small bit of rust in spare wheel well bung. thats...
Hi guy's. In amongst my travels I've spotted a couple of scoobies with the touring car graphics on them. Now as I already have a few bits on my car from Cusco, I wanted to apply the graphics on my car. They have cost me £90 for the full set of graphics (23 in total). So i have had a play in my graphics program to see what my car will look like with them on. Now bear in mind i've only added the main part of the stickers and not the sponsors. But what do you guys reckon? (it is a pic of my car by the way ;) ) Oh and i've added a red rim on the alloyes ;)
Hi guy's. As i've come back from the dead and on here once again, I thought i'd also introduce my latest car. Shes a late 93 Version 1 STi (confirmed by my local Subaru Research garage after about 2 months of them checkin the vin plate lol) It's a full Jap import and so far has been tuned to 315bhp/333lb of torque. When I got it back in April it was quite standard other than having black, standard 16" wheels and a 2 piece newage spoiler with the top half being black, facelift bonnet, wings, grill and lights (basically a near full facelift front end conversion par the bumper which is still original) oh and also the 3 ", turbo back, straight through exhaust with 5" HKS back box. Since i've had it i've done:- -TD05...
CHECK THA SHIZ!!!!! ok pics not too good :) ill get some in the day light tomorrow :D it actually is surprisingly quick! anyway down to buisness! no mods atm! gettin some black angel eyes for bday - just seen that they are in production rear LED Techno lights 18" alloys Full exhaust system Induction kit (k+n) bodykit Brake Upgrades Full Susp Kit Gearbox Upgrade Then hopfully this time ish next year a big engine dump!!\ its ace to drive, the engine sound ace, exhaust doesnt though :) so ill get that done first, but i have to give 700 quid to my mum first though :( oh th insurance was only an extra 9 quid :lol: for the full year! i hope this thread is as popular as the last :) P.S. could you...
This is how the car started life with me. Standard except for exhaust and air filter Here’s a little moving of the car many moons ago. At the time she 297BHP http://s4.photobucket.com/albums/y118/gbboldej/Skyline/?action=view&current=MOV01162.flv http://s4.photobucket.com/albums/y118/gbboldej/Skyline/?action=view&current=MOV01160.flv Currently running 337BHP with 322lbs of torque but I do have plans for a big turbo conversion and the aim is 500BHP. I use her on track so I am not going to nuts with it as I want it to be drivable out of the bends. Apologies for the pictures they aren’t that great and I am trying to find a pro photographer who can get me some decent ones sorted so watch this space. Here is the spec but I...
Hi all, Thought you might like to see our latest hillclimb project, the world first Smart City Coupe with a 2 ltr MR2 engine and box (as far as we know). It's up and running and should be out on the Midland hills next year. http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/Pitcheroak/Devil?authkey=KoXejGki4gs# Cheers Pam and Jim
The really nice chaps at Talon Sportscars are building me my new toy. It's called a Talon 100R. It's basically a Rover 100 with knobs on, lots of knobs :blink: So heres the specification. Re-Welded Floor Pans and Sills Fully Welded 6-Point Roll-Cage with Door Bars and Diagonal 143BHP 1.8 VVC Engine with PG1 Gearbox (Type C Gearset) Quaife Torque Biasing Limited Slip Differential Fibreglass Bonnet Perspex Windows Side & rear New Clutch and Release Bearing 2 Core High Capacity Radiator Front and Rear Anti-Rollbars GTi Vented Front Discs and Calipers 14" Alloy Wheels with Toyo Proxes T1R Tyres A set of GTI rims for track days Individualised and modified hydragas units New Custom Designed side exit Exhaust Fibreglass Rear...
i was originally planning selling the leon but after doing an online valuation and looking on autotrader my car has dropped in value by a £1000 within a year :amazed: plus the £3000+ i have spent on it so i have decided im keeping her and going the full hog and making her even better engine wise i am with the performance at the moment but in the future the next step would be a turbo upgrade but this wont happen for a long time yet so im going to be looking at spending my money on looks and handling this is what im aiming for on the front i have received the light eyebrows just waiting for the grills to turn up then will decide about the lower splitter then its of to a mate of a mate for colour coding and judging from my mates car...
Here's the spec list:- here is the spec about my supra toyota supra 3.0 non turbo manual import 650 clifford alarm and immobiliser full leather interoior racing streering wheel front bumex bumper veilside side skirts veilside rear sparts veilside rear spoiler digital fast & furious graphics on either side man with sword on the bonnet with logos on the rear window a twin turbo engine digital graphic all of these were done professionally 12 years protection and removable the car has been lowered 40mm 18inch deepdash rs5 alloys the size of the alloys are 9.0j on rear and 8.5j on the front 275/40/18 tyres on the rear ferral and 245/40/18 on front with goodyear backbox stainless steel exhaust 5inch tail- pipe with...
hello all, bare with me on this as i tend to go off on a tangent and get giddy with the camera:|, will get as much info in as possible, and reason behind the pics taken, might just help some of you out one day :shock:or you may just help me out by pointing out the mistakes i make:oops:. everything that i post is basically what im learning as i go as i have never worked on or been inside a subaru in my life until i bought this one. so illl do the best i can.:???:, ill get the pics up in between working, doing a bit on the car( with the little daylight i have left each day after work), researching modification options:mrgreen: and being dad to my kids:shock:.
new to the site, what a great place enjoyed reading a lot of the information my currant ride is a nissan skyline R33 GTST, were currently finnishing an engine rebuild in the old girl but heres the spec and a couple of pics at the end spec Engine Spec spec RB30 vl commodore 3ltr block. skimmed and crack tested new sleeves core plugs etc RB25 2.5ltr 24 valve twin cam head, gas flow and ported and matched and skimmed knife edged ports Weisco custom made forged Pistons, Crower billet custom made con rods, Nitrided & knife edged crank olished & rotation assembly balanced, billet allie crank with atached 32 tooth dry sump pully 280 degree 10.8mm lift tomie inlet gtr camshafts 270 degree 10.25mm lift tomie exhaust...

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back